Plumbing & Fire Fighting Sr. Design Engineer
Graduate Mechanical Engineer experienced in Design, Installation & Execution of Plumbing and Fire Fighting Works in Residential, Commercial high rise buildings and US Military Warehouses and Hanger projects.
Designed and created drawings for following indicating material list, location, elevation and installation details of piping, fittings and all associated equipment.
1) Responsible for the overall design of Plumbing and Fire Protection System
2) Perform Hydraulic Calculation in Elite and HASS software
3) Seismic Brace design for Fire Fighting System
4) Create Shop Drawings Fire Fighting System and Plumbing system for for US Army/Air Force/Navy Aircraft Hangers and Warehouse projects.
5) Involved in cost estimation and tendering works
6) Prepare Fire Fighting design drawings and material list for submitting to Kuwait Fire Brigade and follow up for approvals.
7) Responsible for Kuwait Fire Force (KFF) approvals.
8) Works under the guidance of Professional Engineer (PE) for Fire Fighting system.
Through knowledge of UPC, NSPC, NFPA, KFD and UFC (United States Codes for Military projects).
Fire Fighting Design of Warehouse and Aircraft Hanger projects
Hydraulic Calculations to determine Fire Pump and Fire Water Tank capacity
Seismic Bracing Design Calculations
Detail shop drawings as per NFPA 13
A dedicated, determined Mechanical Engineer experienced in Design, Execution and Installation of Plumbing and Fire Fighting System in residential and commercial buildings.
Skilled at formulating and implementing equipment designs, installations and testing as per project specifications and requirements.
Design of Plumbing and Fire Fighting System for residential, commercial, warehouse and aircraft hanger projects.
Creating design and shop drawings in AutoCAD.
Perform hydraulic calculations for fire fighting system and plumbing calculations.
Seismic bracing design and calculations.
Successfully completed residential, commercial building, warehouse and aircraft hanger projects in design and execution of Plumbing and Fire Fighting system.
a) Reviewed design given by DoR and found that it is not meeting NFPA and UFC codes.
b) Re-design overhead sprinkler system (Maintenance and Corrosion Control Hangers) and then balanced overhead sprinkler and grate nozzle Foam System
c) Perform combined hydraulic calculations for Foam and Overhead Sprinkler System
d) Re-designed the grate nozzle AFFF (Foam) system and balanced pipe network to achieve discharge pressure between 40-45 psi and delivery time to most remote nozzle within 30 seconds as per UFC codes
e) Performed seismic brace calculations as per NFPA 13
f) Worked under the guidance for Professional Engineer (PE) Fire Fighting System